Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lil Lehigh

Had plans to head up to the Salmon River, Ny.  But they got cancelled.   So  I decided to hit up the Lil Lehigh for a day.  Text Mike from Dubthethorax.com and he was in.

I parked by the fish hatchery and started to walk to the "kiddie pool".  It had about six guys in it.  Now grant it, it's easy to catch fish in that hole, but come on.  Flyfishing for me is more about being out and enjoying nature. Not standing next to someone fighting for a spot to fish.

 So I went further down stream and within five casts got into a nice fish.  During the fight he took me airborne and threw the hook.   Still a good rush and glad at least to have some action.

A couple minutes later Mike showed up.  He went right for some rising fish and ended up with one.  

I took the next hole down and had a hit.  Set the hook and brough her in.  It was a chub.  I swear,  sometimes it feels like ill never get a trout again. 

We walk down to the Heritage Fly Shop and spoke with Dave.  The shop was broken into and robbed while he was on vacation.  Felt bad for the man, hopefully they will catch whoever did it.  I did end up buying a T-shirt from him.
 

After the brief stop at the shop, Mike and I walked the to other end of the flyfishing only section.  It was over grown and we didn't really see anything.

On the way back I was determined to get at least one trout.  Then I saw that my favorite hole was open and gave it a shot. While Mike up stream for those rising fish.   So I threw in and in a couple casts, finally got one. 

Mike had to get going.  So we stopped and had a beer.  While he took off  I decided to try another spot furter up stream.

Pulled up to the parking lot at the new spot and see Tyler and Brett's trucks.  Kinda funny since I was going to call them if the fishing was good. 

Ended up getting another trout. All of them today were on egg patterns. 

Brett and Tyler were spin fishing again and ended the day with a couple nice ones too.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment